Tofu, Avocado and Ciabatta Crouton Salad
Quick recipes like this tofu, avocado and ciabatta crouton salad are quick and easy. Not to mention the fact that it’s healthy (with protein and healthy fats) and can easily be made totally vegan.
- 280 g Tofoo co naked extra firm tofu
- 1/2 small Loaf of ciabatta bread (150g)
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp Dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 packets Butterhead lettuce
- 1/2 Organic cucumber
- 1 large Avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- To a large bowl add the ciabatta bread diced into large chunks, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Using your hands mix everything together well. Toast in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Make the seasoning for the tofu. Add the paprika, soy sauce, maple syrup, salt, pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil into a small dish. Mix well.
- Dice the tofu into small lardon sized pieces. Toss those pieces into corn flour until every piece is coated. To a large oven safe frying pan add a thin layer of oil. Add each piece of tofu to the pan and fry on the hob until all sides until crispy. When crispy add the seasoning and toss well. Place the pan of tofu into the oven at 180 degrees for 5-10 minutes. The maple will further toast the pieces.
- Assemble a large salad dish, add the diced avocado, sliced cucumber, and salad leaves. Top with the croutons and the tofu pieces. Allow the tofu to cool slightly before adding it to the salad. Squeeze on the lime. Add your favourite dressing (if you wish). I usually just add a little olive oil to my portion.