This crispy Avocado Toast with creamy avocado topped with balsamic mushrooms is the perfect snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. This tasty avocado and mushroom toasty is very quick and easy to make, also tastes delicious!
Mushroom Avocado Toast!
Simple and yummy Mushroom Avocado Toast!
- 16 oz balsamic mushrooms (450 g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or bread of your choice)
- Slice Balsamic mushrooms and add to skillet on medium-low heat with olive oil and a pinch sea salt. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes (letting the mushrooms sweat and release their natural waters).
- Combine almond butter, balsamic and thyme in a small bowl. Whisk together. Turn skillet to medium-high heat and pour liquid mixture over mushrooms. Continue cooking mushrooms, stirring often until liquid is thickened and mushrooms are golden browned. (5-10 mins)
- To make toast: Toast two slices of thick whole grain bread. Mash 1 small avocado onto toast and top with balsamic mushrooms. Sprinkle with sea salt and more fresh thyme. Enjoy!