That breakfast that feels like dessert.
Cherry and Chocolate Granola
- 1⁄2 cup + 2 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup + 2 cup roasted creamy almond butter
- 1⁄4 tbsp salt
- 3 cups Gluten-free old-fashioned oats, not instant
- 5 tbsp Unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 5 cup Preferred seeds or nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the syrup, almond butter, and salt to a large bowl, and stir well until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir until everything is well coated and wet. Spread the oats mixture out evenly in a single layer onto the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F on the lowest rack for 15 minutes, stir the granola around well so the bottom cooks evenly, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until done. Watch the edges closely in the last couple of minutes so they don’t burn. The granola will feel soft upon removal from the oven but will crisp up as it cools. Let cool on the pan for 15 minutes. Store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
To make this nut free, make sure to use seeds instead of nuts. I used raw