The sandwich you never knew you needed in your life . This is our take on the classic BLT sandwich – made vegan and healthy, also known as a TLT. We used smoky, crispy tempeh to replicate the flavour and texture of bacon. The perfect complement to some crispy lettuce and juicy tomato on toasted bread! We also added some avocado to add some healthy fats and to make this sandwich extra filling, but feel free to leave this out.
Makes 2 generous sandwiches
You will need:
Vegan BTL Sandwich
The sandwich you never knew you needed in your life. This is our take on the classic BLT sandwich – made vegan and healthy, also known as a TLT.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayo of choice (Vegenaise is a popular one!)
- 1 small small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 8 slices whole grain bread seeded bread
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1/2 head romaine or butterlettuce, torn into large pieces
- 120g Tempeh Bacon sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 medium avocado sliced thinly (optional)
- Make Tempeh Bacon and seta side.
- Whisk together the mayo, garlic, lemon juice and pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Toast bread and spread each side with mayo sauce.Sprinkle with more freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Layer with cooked tempeh bacon, sliced tomato, lettuce and avocado. Slice in half and enjoy!